Kale, Beet & Goat Cheese Pizza
- 2 large red beets
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¾ cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup olive oil + 1 Tbsp. for roasting
- 1 pizza dough
- 2 cups kale or 4 cups spinach
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place pizza stone on center rack of oven.
- Trim, peel, and chop beets into ½ inch cubes. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and place in an aluminum foil pouch. Cook for 50 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Puree roasted beets, garlic, walnuts, Parmesan, lemon juice, and salt in blender. Slowly pour in ½ cup olive oil, blending as you pour.
- Spread a thin layer of beet pesto over pizza dough (you may have leftover pesto).
- Layer on the greens (2 cups kale or 4 cups spinach).
- Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese then dollops of goat cheese.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes at 450 degrees F on the lowest rack, then move up to the top rack and broil for about 2 minutes.