Chocolately Cherry Goat Cheese and Pistachio Coated Strawberries
• 1 lb log of chocolate cherry goat cheese
• 1 pint of strawberries, washed, dried and stems removed
• 1 1/2 cups of chopped pistachios
1. In a small bowl, mash the goat cheese with a fork to soften it. Mix it well and set aside.
2. Take a slightly smaller than golf size ball of the goat cheese mixture and flatten it on the palm of your hand into about 1/8 inch thick circle.
3. Place one strawberry in the center of the cheese and use both hands to carefully fold the cheese around the strawberry and begin rolling it around.
4. Remove any excess cheese in areas of the strawberry and roll it again if necessary.
5. Place the strawberry in the pistachio plate and roll it around to coat evenly and place on a plate in a single layer.
6. Chill the goat cheese pistachio coated strawberries in the fridge for at least one hour and serve.