Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Goat Cheese Cream and Buttered Croutons
36 ounces of Del Destino Fire Roasted Red Peppers (approx. 6 peppers)
2 cups vegetable stock
2 ounces Celebrity goat cheese
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 ½ inch slices of old bread cut into small cubes
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Salt to taste
Goat Cheese Cream:
3 ounces Celebrity goat cheese, original
3 tablespoons of half and half or cream
1. Add peppers to a blender and blend until smooth. Then add Celebrity’s original goat cheese and the salt. Blend until smooth.
2. Transfer soup to a medium stockpot and add the chicken stock and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
NOTE: If the soup is too thick add more stock until desired consistency is reached.
3. Make the goat cheese cream and croutons while soup is simmering!
4. For croutons, melt the butter in a small non-stick pan. Add the bread and coat in butter, cook until toasted.
5. For goat cheese cream, combine goat cheese and half and half in a blender until creamy.